Monday, January 24, 2005

Little things

One of my blog buddies, Lena, has instituted a second blog at nostalgia411.blogspot.com. It is, as you may imagine, devoted to nostalgia in all things pop culture.

Reinvigorate.net has been down for the past week or so, which is hacking me off a bit. My hits doubled in December, and it was looking like they were going to double again in January. Now I have to start my narcisstic trend-following from square one.

I like, the rest of the Western world, am bummed about Johnny Carson.

One of Todd Nauck's buddies wrote a song about WildGuard, and Todd used it to inaugurate the wildguard.com's download's section. I find the song to be nifty.

Writing today was more research and world-building oriented, but that counts, dammit. In other news, I'm thinking about dusting off some older stuff to see if it's got legs. Plus I've been toying for a while with the idea of entering this year's Strange New Worlds contest. More on all this crap as it develops.

Bureaucracies suck, but you all knew that anyway.

If you have decent streaming video capability, a better-than-dialup connection, and way too much free time, head on over to www.animemusicvideos.org, where fan-created music videos set to scenes from popular Japanese cartoons, video games, and the occasional US 'toon. It's blatant copyright infringement on at least two industries, but that doesn't stop it from being a staple of conventions and a surprisingly awesome genre. I'm particularly fond of Pikachu's rendition of the gangster rap hit "Bitches."

Now begone.

1 comment:

Lena said...

That blog was inevitable...The nostalgic nerd in me couldn't resist anymore.