Sunday, January 02, 2005

Productivity, Yay!

I got a lot done today. None of it job- or writing-related, but still, a lot. This morning, I went grocery shopping. I ended up forgetting a couple things, but still stocked the pantry enough to get through this week at least.

The hand cart in the apartment lacked a back panel, but a fellow from the store was kind enough to give me a bit of cardboard and some tape to cover it. It was a stopgap measure, but it lasted long enough to get me home, and I spent ten-twenty minutes later on making it permanent with some twine. I also replaced one of the light bulbs in my room, which had needed doing for a bit. And it was laundry day.

Big important thing: I started using my day planner. I set up a rough daily schedule for this week; we'll see how well life conforms to it, and adjust as needed. I think my boss is back in town, but he might still be jet-lagged. I'm picking him up on AIM, so I'll toss out a hail and see if he responds. If not, tomorrow.

Rommate K's dad is still here, and still making us food. I ate at Subway tonight, but when I got back he gave me half a bowl of soup. Tomorrow he's talking about making another feast of some kind.

I finished one of the Christmas books tonight, Peter and the Starcatchers. It's sort of a prequel to Peter Pan, written by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. Barry's developed into a surprisingly good novelist. This book in particular is very good; meant for kids, but just as much fun for adults. Wouldn't surprise me to see Disney adapt it in film; if they do, I'll buy a ticket.

Overall, I'd say this was a good day. Two down, 363 to go.

No comments: