Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Is It Over Yet?

Today was just up, down, and all around, in terms of stuff happening. Started kinda down, mostly due to some intestinal stuff that I think might be caused by the cereal I'm eating. Weird, I know, but it's the only explanation I can come up with. Got the work done that I needed though. The afternoon was weeding through submissions, almost none of which were in a reasonable format. (Who the hell right justifies these days?)

I also kept plugging away at hitting my boss at a good moment so I could clarify some stuff. Got that done eventually, but that got me sidetracked onto another research project that once again hammered home how utterly useless 90% of all corporate websites are. Internet making communications easier, my ass.

Finally pulled myself out of that mess to head off to my class. On the way out, checked the mail. Finally got Asimov's response back; they didn't take the story. Strangely, I'm not too down about that; I knew my chances sucked going in, and hey, at least I went through the process. I did it once, I can do it again. Many, many times, if need be (and it probably be).

Class was good; we did more talking about the basics like we did last week, and critiqued some of each others' assignments. At the end of class, I found out the instructer had never received my assignment. Turns out I put everyone's name in the email window but his. D'oh. Just sent it to him a few moments ago.

On the way out, I took a wrong turn and ended up at the corner of Houston and Mercer instead of Broadway and 4th; no, I'm not quite sure how either. Fortunately, I've walked the breadth of Houston from Varick to 2nd Avenue on several occasions, so I knew how to get back to the 1/9 no problem. Spent both train rides reading Stephen King, which didn't suck.

Now I'm going to take my pills, a dump, and kill an hour or so on CBR before I bow to the sweet embrace of sleep. Comics tomorrow. That's one thing worth getting up for.

2 comments:

Lena said...

I really need to use the subway.

Jane Vincent said...

sounds like a wonderfully productive and fulfilling day.