Monday, July 25, 2005

Report From The Fiction Mines

Up to just over 4000 words on a new SF novelette that will probably break 15,000 before I'm done. Then again, that's to be expected when you've got 50 years of history to cover.

Almost have all the beta-reading back on the SNW story; I'm probably going to get the editing, rewriting, and formatting on that done this week for a send-out in August, which will give me a comfortable bit of time before the official deadline in October.

Also have a comic pitch and script that will probably go out next month. This is largely a hell-of-it thing for one of the Big Two; I don't expect much more than to get my name noticed, but it was something that I felt like doing, and I'm surprised how quickly I got into the character. I'm also going to be able to use a bit of the research I did for the senior play in high school, which has been collecting dust in my head until now.

My reward for the evening will be a bowl of oatmeal, and maybe some Harry Potter. I'm on my shamelessly self-indulgent second read-through right now. One-hour commutes have their advantages.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Oatmeal?

One-hour commutes? Where do you commute to and from?

Michael said...

Oatmeal am yummy.

I ride from 238th to Rector on the 1 line. Express between 96th and Chambers.