Sunday, October 09, 2005

Paul O'Brien Doesn't Like The Adverts Either

Went to the X-Axis right after I posted my reviews, and what did I find?

"Uncanny X-Men #465 rounds off "Season of the Witch", the book's House of M crossover. But never mind that - can I sell you a car?"

"This may have escaped Marvel's notice, but they are in the business of selling stories and entertaining readers. The current level of adverts displays an arrogant disregard for the quality of their product."

"Now, things are literally becoming unreadable, with any attempt at atmosphere destroyed, and pacing shot to fuck."

"And there's no excuse for Fantastic Four & Iron Man: Big in Japan #1, which fits 24 pages of adverts into 22 pages of story and comes priced at an indefensible $3.50. What am I getting for my extra dollar, you assholes? Ooh, two fewer pages of story, two more pages of adverts, and a shiny cover. And a general sense of contempt for the paying audience. Seriously, Marvel. Don't you have any pride? Don't you have any self-respect? Don't you care about putting out a quality product? Don't you even care about your reputation for quality? And if you do, why are there 22 pages of adverts cluttering up the 24 page story that I have paid my hard-earned money to read?"

Ouch. Doesn't mince words, does he?

1 comment:

Mr. Rice said...

"Adverts"? Are you English?