Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Have Weird Dreams

Here's an example.

I am, from time to time, afflicted with "spirit dreams." These are dreams where I dream myself lying in my bed, and I am accosted by a spirit of some sort. I call them dreams, but I'm always uncertain as to whether they are actually dreams, half-awake hallucinations, or something else altogether. The spirits are occasionally malevolent, but always pushy.

Anyway, I had one of these recently where the spirit was hovering over me. It seemed benign (I always get a strong sense of malice whenever it's an evil one), so I asked it what it was. It responded by inserting an image into my brain of David Boreanaz. I expressed confusion, at which it clarified that this was an identification of itself as an angel.

With that out of the way, I asked what it wanted. It responded with another bit of pop-cultural synesthesia, this time the chorus of Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is." Taking this at face value, I responded to the effect that far wiser people than me have asked that question and come up with a bagel, so what the hell did it expect from me?

While I doubt this answer satisfied the entity, it was content to leave me alone and let me roll over and go back to sleep.

This is what my brain does to me when I give it the keys for a while.

No comments: