Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No Ten Favorite Comics of 2009

I'm just too busy. These past weeks, I've had classes to attend, papers and homework to finish, Christmas gifts to buy, a wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Gilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.

I will, however, mention that Peter David's X-Factor has had a banner year, re-invigorating the series and bringing back the sense of anything-can-happen adventure that had slipped away somehow in '08. I mean, any book that can make Shatterstar not suck and Victor Von Doom double-crossing his erstwhile allies a surprise is doing something right. I heartily recommending picking up the two collections, Time And A Half and Overtime, covering this year's stories. And issue 200 just came out last week, a perfect capstone to the year.

There won't be a "Favorite Comics of the Decade" list, either, both for the reasons listed above, and because the decade doesn't end until New Year's 2011. And yes, I know every other comics blogger is doing a "Comics of the Decade" list this year anyway. Every other comics blogger is wrong.

No comments: