Thursday, May 20, 2010

More Stuff About Dead Superheroes

Not from me, though. I'm actually going to eat some crow here and link to an excellent piece from Blog@Newsarama. I know, my world feels all Rand McNally too.

Anyway, I'm linking largely because I want as many people as possible to see the following quote, which is the most hilarious thing I've read since the last hilarious thing I read:

Now there’s nothing all that shocking about a super-character getting killed off at the beginning of a new story or series, particularly at DC. It’s happened so often throughout the course of the last decade that, as I’ve mentioned here and elsewhere before, I’ve begun to suspect the process is some sort of profane pagan ritual, in which DC staffers offer the imaginary blood of fictional characters to an extra-dimensional deity they believe in and worship, in exchange for its blessings in the form of monthly sales in excess of 40,000 units a month.

No comments: