Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Which I Embarrass My Friend

As some of you may know, I had a birthday yesterday (the 12th). Today (the 13th), I met my friend Jeff and his girlfriend Jillian down in the Village for dinner (vegetarian) and a movie (Red). Jeff also, quite unexpectedly, presented me with a very thoughtful and wonderful gift: A limited edition copy of Donald Duck: 50 Years of Gentle Frustration. Produced in 1984 and long out-of-print (you can't even find it on the Internet no more), it comes with something incredibly valuable to an old duck-hound like me: A letter and bookplate, both bearing the signature of the inimitable "Good Duck Artist" himself, Carl Barks, along with animator Jack Hannah and voice artist Clarence "Ducky" Nash.





I am honored and humbled to receive such a gift from such a friend. Thanks, Jeff.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

The joke's on you; I'm not even slightly embarrassed!