Monday, November 29, 2004

It's The Most Wonderful Time

I like the Christmas season. The romantic in me gets carried away with all that "peace on earth, goodwill towards men" jazz. I really believe in the power of harnessing positive energy to effect change, even if it's fleeting.

And I like giving people stuff. I mean, yes, I'm a greedy bastard, and getting stuff is great too, but I really like being able to make the people who are important to me happy. So it's a good feeling when they get something cool from me and smile.

Along those lines, I've picked out most of the gifts I'll be giving this year. My mother and brother were pretty easy. My grandparents are staying in Arkansas this year, which is a bit of a disappointment, but we bought Grandma's yearly cat calendar in September, so she'll get that no matter where she is. Dad, I'm still hunting, but Mom's going to help me out with that.

There's also a couple of new additions to the list: an old friend who lives in the city, and my CBR Secret Santa person. Obviously, I'm not going to reveal what they're getting here, because they read this thing (or they should, anyway), but it'll be cool.

I do really love the holidays.

No comments: