Friday, January 21, 2005

Oops, plus a Fragment

Forgot to link to the complete April Marvel Solicits: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4710

For the last two weeks, I've been working on a novelette. Today, I couldn't get into writing it right away, so I fooled around some. I pulled up a new window and wrote about ten or so opening paragraphs. I cheated with one and added a second paragraph that was one line long, but otherwise, it was all just openings. One of them, well, there's no way it's ever going to amount to anything, but I like it anyway, so here it is:

"As the son of hippie mathematicians, Cosine was doomed to suffer from the day he entered kindergarten. His twin sister, Parabola, got by with “Abby,” but no amount of verbal gymnastics would save him from the snickers and jeers of his fellow children. Small wonder, then, that he grew up bitter and antisocial, and, like all such people, eventually sought work with the government."

No comments: