Sunday, March 20, 2005

My First Interview

Just spent half an hour on the phone with a young lady from the NYU school of journalism. She's doing an article about Citizen Culture, and wanted to talk to me.

Two things: One was, as she asked me to basically outline the last five and a half months of my life, I came to an appreciation of all I've accomplished in that relatively short time. I've made some good strides as a writer, an editor, and a professional, and while I'm humble enough to recognize that I'm not a God Among Men quite yet, I'm proud of myself.

Second was, holy shit, I'm a professional. As in, someone actually wants to talk to me about what I do. That hasn't really happened to me too much, for obvious reasons. But now, I'm apparently quote-worthy. Weird.

Pretty good day, all considered. Got a casserole in the oven, gonna do some revision work for the comics class later on, and The Incredibles is out on DVD (have to snap that up next time I have a slow comic week). Keen.

2 comments:

Lena said...

"Second was, holy shit, I'm a professional. As in, someone actually wants to talk to me about what I do. That hasn't really happened to me too much, for obvious reasons. But now, I'm apparently quote-worthy. Weird."

I liked this paragraph.

Jane Vincent said...

guess who already has the incredibles? you can borrow my disc two to watch deleted scenes and jack jack attack when i return to new york and my health.
j