Monday, January 11, 2010

Thought You Might Like To Know

I've started writing a novel. This wasn't a New Year's Resolution thing, but the calendar fit with my schedule, so there is that nice extra feeling of a new beginning. But the real impetus for it was the fact that I'm 28 years old, my body's about to start cutting corners in the production facilities, and I'm either a writer or I'm not, so it's time to decide which one it's going to be. And there's really only one decision.

I still don't know if this thing will be worth a damn or not, but I'll have proven once and for all that I can do it, and after that, the hope is, the next one won't feel like such a daunting idea. In the meantime, I'm up to 12,000 words already, which officially makes this the longest thing I've ever done.

Working title is Township. You'll know more when I'm ready to tell it. Peace, out.

No comments: