Monday, October 25, 2004

What I Buy

It occurs to me that not everyone might be familiar with the comics I read. So, each Monday for a while, I'll be posting brief series descriptions of what I'll be picking up on Wednesday. I'll do this until I've run through all the books I get regularly. This week's batch:

We3: A three-issue mini-series telling the story of three animals (a dog, cat, and rabbit) who are turned into cybernetic killing machines by the government, escape, and go on an Incredible Journey to find an elusive place called Home. By Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. Issue 1 came out in August, 2 is out on Wednesday, and 3 in January.

Amazing Spider-Man: The flagship title for Marvel's number one superstar. By J. Michael Stracynzki (of Babylon 5 fame) and Mike Deodato, Jr.

Excalibur: Professor Charles Xavier rebuilds the ruined mutant nation of Genosha with a little help from his friends. By Chris Claremont and Aaron Lopresti.

No comments: